Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Learning to Cook




Recently I've been trying to learn how to cook a few things really well - inspired by this series. Until a couple of months ago, I considered my beloved avocado toast to be the pièce de résistance of my culinary skills, and while it's still completely delicious and great for a quick bite, here are two pasta meals I've been trying to perfect over the past few weeks. The top one is "the best spaghetti sauce you'll ever have" (recipe here), and the second is a rocket and walnut pesto with asparagus, peas and extra parmesan. To make the pesto I blend together roughly 1/4 cup walnuts, 2 cups of rocket, 1/3 cup of olive oil, 1/3 cup of grated parmesan and one or two cloves of garlic (depending on your taste). Add salt and pepper and stir into freshly cooked linguine. Then there's your vegetables, or I imagine this would be lovely with grilled chicken or shrimp - anything you like. I go for all greens veggies to match the pesto and enjoy every mouthful, ideally with a big glass of wine. Do you have any simple recipes you've managed to perfect?


p.s. apologies for terrible quality phone photos

No comments:

Post a Comment