Thursday, October 11, 2012

Where do you do your best thinking?



Over the past few months a number of friends have told me that they get all of their best ideas while they're having a shower. Normally, I'm a quick in-and-out shower-taker, but the other week when I was in the midst of a mental block I had a long, hot shower purely to try and get a good idea. I wanted a stroke of inspiration while I scrubbed......

I got Nada. Capital N. The shower isn't my idea space, so I'm trying to find out where works for me. Do I get ideas when I'm walking? When I'm listening to a certain type of music? When I'm running? Is it when I'm free from all distractions and sitting outside that I do my real thinking? Do my thoughts form better if I'm lying down? Or is it when I'm talking to other people? I don't know yet, but I'm up for suggestions. Where's the best place to think?

No comments:

Post a Comment